Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trail Blazer

 

All my life, I have been known as a ‘little sister’. Some knew me as Tony’s little sister. Some knew my face only as Tonya’s little sister. I followed closely behind my brother all through school, often hiding in his shadow. I never liked being in the spotlight, which contradicts the steps I took while following my sister’s example: Tonya was a cheerleader. clip_image002
My life, as much as I’d like to deny it, has been shaped by my older siblings. I was comfortably riding in their wake, until they suddenly made for separate shores before I realized what I was doing. Tony is currently serving a mission; Tonya went off to college, but got married in a hurry.
clip_image004clip_image006Neither of these things are what I can or want for myself. It’s time to start blazing my own trail. I want to go to college. –and I mean, really go to college. I want a career, and I want to make it worth my while. Beyond that, I have no idea what I’m doing.
clip_image008Even some of the friends I grew up with are picking up and leaving me. I might have to have a good cry about this one.  Stupid growing up…

No comments:

Post a Comment